Friday, March 18, 2005

Asia trip 2002: Monday evening in Shanghai with H

[Continued from: Asia trip 2002: Sunday afternoon tour of the Forbidden City]

The client seminar goes well on Monday morning. In the middle of the afternoon we leave for the airport to fly to Shanghai. After we check-in, I excuse myself from my colleagues to phone H. This will be the first time I’ve spoken to him.

“Hi, we met on gay.com yesterday, is it still possible to meet you tonight?” I tell him my flight is slightly delayed, but I should make it to my hotel around 7pm. “OK. I meet you outside your hotel 8pm”, he says. So it’s all agreed. We exchanged photos yesterday so we should recognise each other.

Everything goes according to plan. I send him a txt msg to confirm again as we’re being driven from the airport to the hotel. At the appointed hour I make my way to the hotel entrance and wander around outside, and almost immediately H comes up and introduces himself. “Hi, how are you”, he says. “Is there anywhere near hear we can go for a beer?” I ask. I figure that it’s still early so I’ve got a better chance of overnight company if we delay going up to my room. If we have sex immediately we may start wondering what to do by the time it gets to 9:30pm. I hate sleeping alone, and much prefer having a man to share my bed with me.

H seems slightly surprised by my request. “Yes I suppose so”, he says, “I think I know a place near here which is probably open”.

We walk through quite a recently built shopping centre that seems deserted at this time of night, but soon we come to a Chinese restaurant. It’s very bright inside and sparsely furnished with cheap functional tables and chairs. We’re almost the only people in there, but we’re welcome. H orders me a beer and has a soft drink himself. This wasn’t exactly what I had in mind but I guess it will do.

“Do you have a job?” I ask him. “Yes, I’ve now got a job with a foreign healthcare company”, he replies, “because I’m a qualified doctor”. It turns out that H was in the Chinese army for over 10 years, and during this time he became a fully qualified medical doctor.

Gradually we drink our drinks. “So do you want to come back to my hotel with me?” I say smiling and looking him in the eye. Although this has been the plan all along, it seems only polite to ask in case he’s changed his mind now he’s met me. “Of course”, he says smiling back, so I settle the bill and we head back.

Back at the hotel, we’re walking into the lobby, talking to each other, and I see a few of my colleagues from the bank coming the other way. I just manage to say to H quickly “These guys are colleagues of mine”, before one of them says to me “We’re just off for a few beers, want to come along?” But they notice that H is with me and look puzzled. “Not tonight thanks”, I say, and thankfully the lift arrives and with it the opportunity to exit the situation. “Damm”, I think to myself, as I wonder whether they’ll talk about why I was with a local Chinese guy.

We reach my room without any further surprises. Once inside I immediately remove my shirt so that I’m bare-chested, and walk over to the window to look at the view. The room is on a very high floor so the view is magnificent. H comes over to look at the view and I put my arm round his shoulders. He reciprocates by putting his arm round my waist. He’s a lovely guy so it’s going to be a great evening.

Smiling, I ask him “Why don’t you take your shirt off too?” Eagerly he slips off his top and comes back to join me at the window. I turn to face him and we embrace for the first time. He’s slightly shorter than me but it doesn’t matter. Still holding him round the waist I lean backwards slightly to look him in the eye. He smiles at me, so I move in and kiss him on the lips. Soon we’re on the bed, cuddling, kissing, and enjoying the feel of each other’s naked bodies. I really love guys who just enjoy cuddling and body contact. His body is very firm, which I presume to be the result of all the training he must have done when he was in the Chinese army. I feel very happy to have found such a lovely guy in Shanghai.

“Stay the night here with me”, I ask him when we’ve finished. “But don’t you want to get a good night’s sleep”, he asks, “because you know you’ll have other things to do if I’m around!” I insist he stays so it’s settled.

[To be continued: Asia trip 2002: early Tuesday morning in Shanghai]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely time GB. I must have missed this as I don't recall reading this at all.