Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nike Run London

Nike Run London
At the risk of assisting Nike in their advertising campaign, I have to admit that the theme for this year's Run London event is a stroke of genius. For as long as I can remember, there's been a mock rivalry between North London and South London (meaning North or South of the River Thames) , so to bill the event as North vs South London is inspired.

Regular readers of this blog will know that I often try to go running along the river on a Sunday morning with guys from the gym I go to. Sometimes other activities end up taking precedence but that can't happen today. This Sunday we're all doing Run London, so today it'll be 10k round Hyde Park instead. Wish us luck :-)!

11 comments:

Gay boy comes to London said...

Good luck.

muse-ic said...

hope you enjoyed your run

Anonymous said...

Good luck! GBD xxx

GB said...

Thanks for your good wishes guys. In the end I narrowly missed my target time :-(, but on the positive side it was a lovely day for it and it was a well organised event :-).

GB xxx

Anonymous said...

what was the final outcome though ? Did North clinch the title, or did the beautiful South get it ?

MadeInScotland said...

I ran a rather competent 46:47 which I'm perfectly proud of.

ahoj

GB said...

The results are out now anonymous, whoever you are? The Beautiful South won by just 17 seconds. In fact, my loyalties are split, because I was born on one side or the river, but these days I live on the other side! Interesting to see how many runners there were, approx 11,000 on each side.

Congratulation on your time czechOUT :-). Although running with the guys I know was one of their fathers, aged 58, who beat my time and yours!

GB xxx

Tales of the City said...

What was your time GB? Mine was 47minutes... pretty pleased.

GB said...

I've e-mailed you with my time cuteCTguy, as I said, I missed the target I set for myself so I'm not going to publicly expose my disappointment LOL! I wasn't a long way behind you though.

GB xxx

PS: just watched your finish on the Run London web site, have you put on weight over the last couple of years?

Tales of the City said...

you are so dreadfully rude.. No I have'nt watched it... And No is the answer.. Not sure where you are getting your outlandish ideas from!!

GB said...

Don't worry cuteCTguy, I was only teasing!

GB xxx