Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On holiday in Southern Europe

Is that a cottage on the hill over there?In recent years, myself and boyfriend number 1 have always gone away on holiday for a week together in Southern Europe at some point over the summer. We hire a large private house or villa with it's own swimming pool, sometimes with friends and sometimes on our own, and chill out.

This year, none of the friends that we'd be happy to go away with were free, so we've just come away on our own. And since I'm now on holiday, I'm only able to access the internet by using my PDA as a bluetooth modem. It's painfully slow compared to broadband, so I hope everyone appreciates the effort that's been involved in creating this post!

So where's the nearest gay bar?The two pics attached to this post were taken yesterday. One is the view from the house we've hired, and the other is a view taken from the nearest town. Can anyone guess what country we're in, or for top marks the exact region of the country?

14 comments:

Living Leaver said...

hi gb,
I think you are in Italy, either in Campania or in Tuscany :)

Superchilled said...

I'm thinking Central Northern Spain...

Bobby Vanquish said...

It's Bognor Regis!
Oh sorry - Southern Europe not Southern Britain. Er, I give up.

Unknown said...

Bah ! Deleted my own comment. Sardinia.

Anonymous said...

from the looks of that volcanic formation, I'd say Sicily...

Nice choice, if true.

Monty said...

I have no idea, but it looks lovely! Have a great time!

GB said...

Well guys, livingleaver was right! I'm "in Italy, either in Campania or in Tuscany", sort of in between two world famous wine producing towns which are less than 30km apart. With that information, anyone who knows something about Italian wine should be able to identity the towns?

GB xxx

Brechi said...

It looks beautiful, I'm a little jeaous. But I'm not too well-travelled in Europe, so I don't think I should gander a guess.

close encounters said...

i hope you're having a good time [wherever you are] ... and that you're consuming plenty of the local produce !

absoluterik said...

Hello

I love your blog.



Can I add a link to your blog on my blog?
Which title and url do you want me to add?

www.restoringLove.com



May be you will also like my blog, and that you will
want to support the cause the blog supports:"restoring
Love". You can also add a link in your blog.

www.restoringLove.com



Do not hesitate to give me your opinion and feedback,


:)



Kisses and Hughs



Erik

Living Leaver said...

hi there!
what about Montepulciano and Montalcino?

GB said...

Wow livingleaver, you got it exactly! We've hired a private house with a pool in the middle of the countryside, and we're closer to either Montalcino or Montepulciano than the distance between the two. If you ask me, I reckon that "Vino Nobile di Montepulciano" is a good wine, but "Brunello di Montalcino" is usually better :-).

Happy to swap links absoluterik, a direct link to gaybanker.blogspot.com works for me.

GB xxx

Living Leaver said...

hey gb!
so what did I win?
:)

GB said...

What do you win livingleaver? Probably the admiration of all my other readers LOL!

Take care, GB xxx