Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Boys or Men?

When I was growing up, I always thought that it would be cool to be able to do somersaults in the air. Sadly I never learned, and at this point in my life, I think it's best to focus on my aerobic fitness rather than that kind of high impact activity! Nonetheless, when I was applying for London 2012 Olympic tickets with boyfriend T, a trip to see the artistic gymnastics was a must.

We were lucky to get tickets for the men's gymnastic team finals, although when we applied, we had no idea that Team GB would be competing. Better than that, an outstanding performance by Team GB resulted in them winning the bronze medal :-), something that hadn't been achieved for 100 years.

While watching the performances, a couple of thoughts ran through my mind. I couldn't help thinking that the bulging muscular arms of some of the athletes looked quite unnatural. Indeed, when looking for fun with other guys, I agree with Janet because in general "I don't like men with too many muscles"!

My other thought was that some of the competitors, particularly some of the young Asian athletes, looked more like boys than men. However, whether they're strong and agile men or simply boys with too many muscles, what they do is still mightily impressive :-).

1 comment:

Was Once said...

It is all a product of not having milk which keeps them small. Look at any foreign born ordatahsAsians who drink milk growing up, they are much bigger and taller.