Friday, January 02, 2009

Pussy ping pong

"Phat Phong is just along here on the left," says B as we weave our way through the crowds of people, "you've heard of Phat Phong, haven't you?"

"Errr no actually, should I have?" I reply, feeling mildly stupid.

With almost ten days to use up from my holiday allowance for 2008, I'd decided to go and visit my Thai friend B in Bangkok rather than lose the allowance. Although I'd been in transit through Bangkok airport on many occasions, I'd never actually been into Bangkok itself. With the weather in London getting colder every day, it was hard to resist his invitation.

"Phat Phong became famous as a place where American G.I.s could find women during the Vietnam War in the 1960's," explains B. "These days there are just lots of girlie bars with strip shows, let's walk down so you can have a look!"

Although we're both gay, we turn into Phat Phong and almost immediately a young guy shoves a menu in my face which lists various shows that we could go and see. Top of the list is "Pussy ping pong".

"Does that mean what I think it means?" I ask B, not sure that I want to hear the answer.

"Yes probably! A woman sits there and somehow manages to shoot ping pong balls from her pussy into the audience."

"Have you ever seen it?" I ask.

"Yes, once," says B with a grimace on his face, and his whole body shudders. "I don't ever want to see it again either! If you want to go GB, you're quite welcome, but you're on your own. There's also a variation where the woman makes her pussy fire a dart at a balloon and the balloon bursts! I guess they have to work to train the muscles down there somehow, but to be honest I don't really understand."

Walking down Phat Phong and peering into some of the bars from the outside, we see lots of young girls dressed in skimpy bikinis all standing on very high tables, with metal poles by the sides of the tables.

"There's also a gay version!" says B, wondering if I'd be interested. "Hard cock shows and so on."

"But I don't need to go to some pervy show to see guys with hard cocks!" I say with a grin on my face. "Anyway, it all sounds very seedy :-(."

In fact I feel very tired, only having landed in Bangkok airport about six hours beforehand, so the pervy shows can wait for another day. Even though I'm sure that they are very seedy, I might have forced myself to go to both types of shows if I'd been feeling a bit more lively. And needless to say, if I had gone, it would only have been do some research for an interesting posting on this blog!

13 comments:

The Honourable Husband said...

Yes. Research. Absolutely. For a blogpost. You bet.

Anonymous said...

pussy ping pong, what will be next ? this is not proust alas
so tell us please what happend to your friend b. later on.......

Anonymous said...

You should definitely go there! I've been to both:)

Anonymous said...

When I lived in Japan, I saw lots of the female shows to appear straight. I was always amazed at the abilities that the sex performers show. Let us know if you go and I look forward to hearing about the male shows ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well have fun out there in Thailand GB..It's a fascinaing place and lots to see. I lived there for some time and the sex industry is a main stay for their economy. sadly it is known for pervy older men going to precure young girls and boys but it's a way of life for them..rightly or wrongly...treat going to one of the shows as the red light window shoping in Amsterdam..it's a must see..Whatch out for the lady boys>>> they really are some of the most beautiful people in the world. Try though to get into the country or one of the south islands such Koh samui they are gorgeous and the people are some of the friendliest in te world...
Whateve you do have fun and take care Sx

Anonymous said...

"DJ Station" the big gay disco is about the only place worthwile going for gays in PhatPong. All the rest is sleazy and at least not for me. Have drinks and dinner on the 61st floor of the Banyan Tree Hotel Vertigo Bar and Grill or the Bai Yun Restaurant on the 60th floor! Romance pure! Stay at the Sukhothai Hotel if you want a real treat!

close encounters said...

GB, have you never seen the ping pong scene in Priscilla Queen of the Desert ??

a few years ago i saw show in amsterdam, where the woman inserted a dildo, and my mate had to catch it ! was good fun to watch !!

Anonymous said...

life what a "paradox"

Sir Wobin said...

You say sleaze like it's a bad thing. :-D

Enjoy the holiday GB.

Anonymous said...

what was include in the package? :))

Will said...

There was pussy--well, I can't call it ping pong because there was only one"player"--in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Pussy pitching, perhaps.
I doubt Id want to see it live either. Now, a hard cock show . . .

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Antony
www.antonysimpson.com

GB said...

LOL headbang8, but you know how dedicated I am to all my readers, is it so hard to believe?

Soon after this little episode First anonymous commenter, whoever you are, we went to the street nearby where the gay bars are. Eventually B was kind enough to show me back to my hotel before he headed home.

Well then W, perhaps you could write a blog post for me about your experiences? I could post it in my 'Reader's stories' category :-).

The same applies to you Second anonymous commenter, whoever you are, perhaps you could do a post for me about your experiences in Japan?

Thanks for your advice Third anonymous commenter, whoever you are (presumably someone called S). I'll be walking down the street with B and we'll pass some good looking women and he'll say to me "those are ladyboys". I have no idea how he can tell, because to me they just look like beautiful women!

Actually Fourth anonymous commenter, whoever you are, B did take me to Vertigo and it was excellent. It's such a shame that the roof-top venues in other major cities that I've been to all seem to be enclosed for safety reasons. Being on the 61st floor in the open air was a real treat :-).

Good point Close Encounters :-). I knew that the concept seemed familiar, but I couldn't remember why!

I don't think I know what you mean by "paradox" in the context of this post, Fifth anonymous commenter, whoever you are.

Well LWW, you know me, I'm just a simple down-to-earth clean living kind of guy who's easily shocked and prefers the simple pleasures in life :-). Okay okay, perhaps I should say the simple pleasures LOL!

B's a friend Sixth anonymous commenter, whoever you are, I'm not on some package holiday.

Indeed Will, I'd forgotten about Priscilla, and my impression is that the same thing was on offer. If you haven't already been, perhaps you could visit and tell them that they should rename it!

Glad you enjoyed the post Antony :-).

GB xxx