Friday, December 25, 2009

The holiday sleeping arrangements

After a few days in Bangkok, the plan was for my Thai friend B and myself to go travelling to a few other places in Thailand. I'd left all the detailed arrangements to B, so the night before we're due to leave Bangkok, I'm chatting to him about the places that we'll be staying during our travels.

"Do any of the hotels that we'll be staying in have swimming pools?" I ask him, "Boyfriend T has been teaching me to swim, and it would be nice to practise a bit."

"Actually, our room at the hotel tomorrow night has its own private swimming pool," he replies. "I'm not a very good swimmer either, so we can practise together :-)."

Hmmm, that's interesting, because he said 'our' hotel room :-). I didn't specify what the sleeping arrangements should be, but I'd much prefer to share a hotel room with him and hopefully a bed too, rather than sleep separately. However, perhaps it's separate rooms with a pool in a shared area between the two, and even if it is one room perhaps it's twin beds rather than a double bed. Rather than pressing him for more information, I decide to play it cool and see whether I can push things in the right direction in a more subtle way.

"Wow, that's great," I answer, "with a private swimming pool we can go skinny dipping together :-)."

"Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that", replies B thoughtfully, "I guess we could, if it really is private!"

The next day, a driver picks us from the hotel where I'd been staying, and about four hours later we're arriving at a very elegant looking hotel in the mountainous area near Khao Yai national park. We both get shown into the same suite of rooms, together with my bags and B's luggage too. Clearly we are staying in the same rooms. Looking around, we've got our own private swimming pool just like B said, but more interestingly there's only one large bed :-).

"Let's go for a dip in the pool," I say as soon as the hotel staff have left us alone, "The pool isn't overlooked at all, so I don't think that we need to wear anything :-)."

B checks the privacy himself, but by the time he's returning from the pool area, I've already got my kit off and am heading outside.

"It's a bit chilly," I shout to him once I'm in the water, "but not too bad once you get used to it! Are you coming in?"

Looking slightly shy, B soon emerges with a towel wrapped round him. Checking around again to make sure that no one can see him, he drops his towel onto the poolside table and quickly climbs naked into the pool. Immediately my suspicions are confirmed, namely that B has a great body! It's a complete mystery to me as to why B hasn't found himself a permanent boyfriend.

This is the first time that I've been naked in a swimming pool since I started learning to swim, and it's a wonderful experience, especially because B is naked in the pool with me. B swims with his head outside the water most of the time, but wearing swimming goggles I swim most of the time with my head under the water. The result is that I keep getting wonderful underwater views of B's beautiful naked body gliding gracefully through the water, and I'm able to admire him from many different angles too!

"Perhaps we should try the Jacuzzi," suggests B after we've been in the water together for about a quarter of an hour.

"Sure," I reply, "actually I didn't notice that there was one!"

B gets out of the pool first, and when I join him a few minutes later I find that he's got the Jacuzzi slowly filling up with water. We're both still naked, and I can tell that B feels slightly uncomfortable, because as I walk into the room he automatically moves his hand to cover his genitals. But he soon realises that unless he's going to put on some shorts or something, gestures like that are pretty pointless!

"I'm glad that you booked just one room for us both :-)," I say confidently, trying to make him feel more comfortable.

"Of course ..." he replies, but with a slightly uneasy tone in his voice that makes it clear that he's not sure how to handle the situation that the now finds himself in.

Soon we're both naked with each other in the Jacuzzi. It's quite small and cosy, so it's nice rubbing up against B's body. But just as I'm getting comfortable, the doorbell rings.

"I wonder what they want?" I say, before B has a chance to react, "Hang on, let me go and find out!"

I get out and put on a dressing gown, and taking care to close the door to the room where B is still sitting in the Jacuzzi, I answer the door.

"Sorry bother you sir," says the cute Thai bellboy, and with that he walks right past me and dumps a whole load of bedding on the large sofa in front of the TV. Suddenly everything makes sense. It would have been quite presumptuous of B to assume that we'd sleep in the same double bed without discussing it with me first. His plan was clearly that one of us would sleep on the sofa. And since I'm bearing most of the cost so that we can stay in some of the top hotels, he's bound to insist that I have the bed and he has the sofa. None the less, given that we've got as far as being naked in the Jacuzzi together, perhaps a more interesting outcome will be possible?

"You don't have to sleep on the sofa," I say to B as I climb back into the Jacuzzi, "there's room for both of us in the double bed :-)."

"But I snore very loudly," he says, "I really do! You'll think, what on earth is that racket!!"

"Don't worry," I say, "most guys snore a bit. I'm used to sleeping with other men!"

He looks at me, clearly considering the possibility.

"Do you have any ear plugs?"

"Um, no, but don't worry, I'll be fine!"

We don't discuss the subject any more, and having put our clothes back on, we head off to dinner. Afterwards, when we get back to the room, it's decision time.

"You'll be much more comfortable in the bed with me," I say, looking him in the eyes and smiling.

"No, I've decided I want to sleep on the sofa," he says, smiling back.

In spite of all the apparent progress, I decide to let the subject drop. There could be many reasons for B choosing to sleep on the sofa rather than sharing the bed with me. Maybe he doesn't like me sufficiently, but it could just as easily be because he'd feel uncomfortable being in the same bed with another guy's boyfriend. In any case, I want to remain good friends with him, so there's no point pushing it. It was great that he felt comfortable enough to go skinny dipping with me, followed by a naked session together in the Jacuzzi. And after all the progress, with a bit of luck maybe we'll be able to get a bit further on another occasion!

10 comments:

John F said...

What a lovely trip!

"namely that B has a great body! It's a complete mystery to me as to why B hasn't found himself a permanent boyfriend."

Is that really all that matters when looking for a partner? Seems a bit superficial to me...

Jay said...

Who cares, I'm more interested in the hotel you stayed in? It seems beautiful. If you feel better you can email me the answer GB.

Jay.

GB said...

Don't you think that good looking guys, with good bodies, end up with more boyfriend possibilities, John F?

Not sure what you mean by "feeling better", Jay? And not sure how you expect me to email you anything when you don't specify an email address? Email me if you really want to know and I should be able to reply.

GB xxx

JohnW said...

This sounds very interesting, but I think that you are right in not to push it too hard (so to speak). You don't want to put a good friendship at risk. Nice that you have seen each other naked though. Hopefully there will be more "developments" during the holiday :-)

John

John F said...

I suppose it depends on how many boyfriends one's looking for! :o)

Justin said...

Though I think your boyfriend would prefer you to be more faithful...

Is having one bf not enough? Or is it a caucasian thing?

Cody in CT said...

GB, the whole scenario sounds like an exercise in frustration. Naked in pool and jacuzzi with a hot guy--no action; no sleeping together. Bummer. I can imagine you walking around in a state of tumescence, looking for relief--how about the bell boy?

GB said...

My problem, Justin, is that when I meet nice guys like B, I find myself developing feelings for them. But I really love boyfriend T, so I don't want to let anyone such as B get in the way of that.

Sometimes, Cody in CT, I reckon the chase can be more fun than the climax. So although it's frustrating, in another way it's still fun. Anyway, the idea of B catching me with the bell boy is quite horny!

GB xxx

X said...

It's Muthimaya in Khoayai, right? Just been there 5 months ago. It's nice Villa but nothing much to do except you with boyfriend... :-)

Cheers

Ex-Londoner

Would you mind to let me know the name of the hotel in Bangkok? It's nice lobby decoration, look cosy :-)

GB said...

I don't disclose hotel details publicly, X. Email me if you want answers to your questions!

GB xxx