Saturday, September 17, 2005

News from boyfriend number 2

I was logged in to MSN messenger a couple of days ago at the same time as boyfriend number 2 (Asia holiday 2005 with boyfriend number 2). We chat about a few things, but soon he has some news for me

GB: Any success on match.com yet?

I wasn’t prepared for his reply

bf2: well i've started seeing someone

bf2: he's nice

bf2: his name is L

bf2: and he's very sweet to me

What can I say? On every occasion I’ve seen boyfriend number 2 I always tell him that he should get himself a proper boyfriend.

"You deserve a really nice boyfriend", I'd say, "and I'm sure one day you'll find him".

"Oh I don't know", he'd reply sometimes, "I don't know if I've got time for a relationship".

But now he may have found a nice boyfriend I feel a bit upset. I have to say something positive

GB: sounds good so far

Of course it must be early days with L, otherwise I’d probably have heard about L before. They’re probably not serious, I think

bf2: i've started to decline dates now

bf2: with others i mean

So it’s definitely getting serious!

GB: sure, what's his background?

bf2: he's from the USA

I guess I’ll have to get used to the idea.

Why do I feel so upset? I love boyfriend number 2 (as well as boyfriend number 1), and in the back of my mind there was always the silly idea that if things don’t work out with boyfriend number 1 (Things are still difficult with boyfriend number 1) then I could turn to boyfriend number 2. Of course it’s a stupid idea because we live in different countries, but it was an idea which made me feel cosy.

So because I love him, I hope it works out. Look after him L, he's a lovely guy.

No comments: