Wednesday, July 27, 2005

A very brief conversation with boyfriend number 1

When I first told boyfriend number 1 that I had just been on a three and a half week holiday to Asia with another guy who he didn't know (A conversation with boyfriend number 1), it was a four hour conversation. Maybe it was longer, it was very painful.

Since then we've been getting along OK on a day-to-day basis, but there are obviously things that have to be sorted out which we've been avoiding. But now it's a bit clearer how things are going to progress.

Last Sunday I'm checking my e-mails when boyfriend number 1 comes in with a determined expression on this face.

"Can I speak to you for 5 minutes?" he says. I have a strong impression that it's going to be a serious conversation. In which case 5 minutes won't be enough.

"Sure", I reply, smiling.

"I've arranged for us to visit a counsellor together to discuss our relationship. Next Thursday 8:30am."

"Fine", I say, "I think that's a great idea". And I wasn't lying when I said that either.

"I think you've got your own issues to sort out, and I can't be your counsellor", he says. He's probably right.

So I'm very glad he's done this. I don't know why but somehow I think it will be easier for me to talk to him when there's a professional counsellor there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh boy, i can imagine that must be a difficult time. do i sense there are issues with communication?
harry_d.

Anonymous said...

actually, "thanks" to your influence, i actually logged onto gaydar today, probably for the first time in a year, couldnt remember the username!
harry_d.

GB said...

Hopefully logging into gaydar is a positive step forward for you harry_d! Of course, depending on what part of the world you're in, gay.com may have more users in the chat rooms.

By the way, since you're leaving quite a few comments, why don't you get yourself a blogger login? Anyone can have a blogger login, you don't have to write a blog, and blog authors like me usually prefer attributable comments instead anonymous comments!

Hugs, GB xxx