Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy Birthday to this blog

I'm now two years old! Last year when I was one year old, I celebrated with an anniversary posting, so on this auspicious occasion a second anniversary posting seems appropriate :-).

In blogging terms, the biggest event was my change of name. I used to be called "Things I can't tell boyfriend number 1", but at the start of November last year my name changed to simply "Gay Banker". It was a positive move on my author's part, because when I was first born, the name he gave me was perhaps symptomatic of the problems in his relationship with boyfriend number 1. After the hiatus in that relationship which surfaced a few months later during the summer 2005, his life seems to have become more settled again over the last twelve months.

His primary relationship is still with boyfriend number 1, but last October he reached a point where he felt comfortable blogging about how lucky he is to have two boyfriends. Boyfriend number 2 lives outside of the UK so he doesn't see him very often, but last December the two of them went on a fabulous holiday to Argentina together. And although he still sees boyfriend number 3, he's not as close to him as he is to boyfriend number 1 or boyfriend number 2.

A change of emphasis accompanied my name change, and as a result I think I'm now more balanced than when I was first born. Encounters with other guys are no longer my primary focus, and hopefully the ones which do get posted are more interesting. I now have an "agony uncle" category called Dear GB, and more recently a new category for Reader's stories too.

So Happy Birthday to Me :-). I'm looking forward to my third year enormously!

9 comments:

Bill said...

Happy birthday, little blog! ;)

Mybananalife said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

GBD xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday GB, may your blog just get better and better and may you have loads of sex and loads of stories to tell us :-)

-eve- said...

Happy anniversary :-)

Single Guy said...

Wow...2 years! good for ya..Happy Birthday!

Monty said...

Happy Anniversary GB! I've become an avid reader - keep it up! :-)

libertine di homo said...

happy birthday, gb. as always, i look forward to more stories from you!

Reluctant Nomad said...

A bit late but Happy Birthday to your blog! xx