Monday, March 02, 2009

An article about gay life in the banking world

A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a freelance journalist called Kaite who was writing an article for Lesbilicious about gay life in the banking world . She wanted to interview some gay bankers, so I put her in touch with one of the organiser's of the London interbank drinks event for gay professionals who work in banking. The finished article can now be found here:
Same sex in the City - gay life in the financial sector.
If anyone has any comments, Kaite would be very interested to hear them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought this article was quite interesting. I think that the banking sector (having worked in it myself for 10+ years!) is something like the world in microcosm. If we are under-represented in the City, surely we should be questioning whether this is through our own choice? I have chosen to be "out" at some jobs and not others, but these have been personal choices (as indeed they should be) - at the same time I've never let this get in the way of work. Work can be fun, but at the end of the day it is still work and I wonder how far people will go to try to merge the two. Does being gay affect how I will perform my duty to the employer? I don't think so. It can have an impact on relationships with colleagues but I have been fortunate enough to have open minded colleagues, I guess.