Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rafting on the Zambezi

The only pic of me that I've ever posted on this blog was the pic of me rafting in Chile with ex-boyfriend P back in 2008. The holiday pics that I posted earlier this month were taken at the Victoria Falls in between Zambia and Zimbabwe, and while there, we went rafting on the lower Zambezi river. So it seems time to post another pic of me, see below. The guide is at the back of the raft, with me, my Thai friend B, and four other tourists in front of him. I'm the middle tourist on the guide's right hand side. Needless to say, in terms of posting pics on this blog, I'm still a bit camera shy!Rafting on the ZambeziIf there are any readers who haven't tried white water rafting, I'd thoroughly recommend it. The guide that I had on this occasion was undoubtedly the best guide that I'd ever had for rafting, so if anyone goes rafting at the Victoria Falls, try and go rafting with the guide who calls himself "potato" from Bundu Adventures. One of the staff at the hotel where we were staying described it as "The most fun you can have with your clothes on!" and I think that's an accurate description :-).

No comments: