Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Catching up with DL

Spending few days in Singapore recently allowed me to catch up with fellow blogger DL, who I met in London last summer. Admittedly DL's blog has been a bit *quiet* this year, however I know from the emails that he's sent me that there's been a lot going on in his life, so it's understandable. Comparing our diaries, it turned out that the best mutually convenient time was a weekday lunch, so after a few emails and txt msgs the date was set.

"So what are you going to do about boyfriend P and ex-boyfriend S," asks DL, once we'd been shown to a table in a smart restaurant near where he works, "do you think that you'll get the two of them to meet?"

"I mentioned in the posting that ex-boyfriend S had other emotional issues in his life at the moment," I reply, "and I think recent developments there mean that it's going to be a bad time to arrange such a meeting from his point of view :-(."

"Actually, straight guys like me would probably just ignore the issue!"

"So what would happen if one accidently meets in the street or something," I ask, "surely a planned introduction is better? In my case that's not an insignificant possibility, because ex-boyfriend S's house is only a short walk from mine, and boyfriend P will be staying with me!"

"I guess if I was in the same situation and we all bumped into one another, it'd just be a quick 'Oh hi, catch u later' or something!"

We spend a pleasant hour chatting to with each other, and DL tells me about some of the things going on in his life too. When the bill comes, DL insists on paying for me, which was very kind and much appreciated :-). With the banking system in crisis and my job under threat, I'm not going to say no to a free lunch!

No comments: